NSSF IMIS Systems Diagnosis and Remedy Project
CLIENT PROBLEM / CHALLENGE
With over 500,000 members and total assets of over US$800 million, at the time, the National Social Security Fund (“NSSF”) was, and still is, the largest financial institution in Uganda. Having several disjointed and separate management and financial information systems in place, none of which was functioning optimally, and together, though called Integrated Management Information System (“IMIS”), lacking any effective integration and festering serious data integrity issues that curtailed both NSSF’s
CLIENT NEEDS AND EXPECTATIONS
Via a competitive bidding process Comtel won the NSSF Data Integrity Services Project contract that set out the following Project objectives parameters:
- Core business analysis (Diagnosis).
- Multiple applications alignment.
- Core system implementation.
- Core system integration.
Comtel successfully delivered this Project from 2007 to 2009.
BENEFITS ACCRUING TO THE CLIENT
- Overall NSSF system data integrity improved from a 39% confidence interval to a 87% confidence interval;
- NSSF, for the first time in over twenty (20) years was able to issue timely and reliable statements to all of its members;
- NSSF Claims processing timelines fell drastically from over three (3) months to less than two (2) weeks;
- Member confidence levels in NSSF increase from 18% to 61%;
- NSSF gained the ability to support arrears demands with member statements.